Passwords are a pain. We want it simple, easy to remember, and hassle-free. The problem with that is that simple passwords are easily cracked these days by the bad guys.
Therefore, learn what makes a great password:
- No proper or common names
- Use a mixture of capital letters and lowercase
- Include numbers and/or special characters
- Use symbols (#$%@!, etc.)
- And use 8 characters or longer
I found a great little password generator here. Play around with it and see what you think. They offer two types: Mnemonic (easy-to-remember) passwords and random combinations which are harder to remember but also harder to crack.